Empowering girls and Enabling them to Excel….
ThinkSTEAM is partnering with PepsiCo to bring the mentoring initiative of MWM (Million Women Mentors) to young girls in 8th to 12th grade. MWM is an initiative of STEMconnector in collaboration with over 60+ partners reaching over 30 million girls and women, 45+ corporate sponsors, and 35+ state leadership teams.
Research confirms that mentoring relationships have significant positive impacts on young girls. Statistics consistently demonstrate that youth who are mentored are:
- 37% less likely to skip class and 52% less likely to skip school ((Public/Private Ventures study of Big Brothers Big Sisters)
- 55% more likely to be enrolled in college than those who did not have a mentor. (The Mentoring Effect, 2014)
- 78% more likely to volunteer regularly
- In addition to improved academic performance and college admission rates, mentored youth have positive attitudes toward school(The Role of Risk, 2013)
The main focus of this one-to-one mentoring program for girls is to:
- Increase the percentage of high school girls planning to pursue STEM careers.
- Develop leadership skills, foster critical thinking, build self-confidence, AND enable them to make informed decisions.
Submit an Application to Request a Mentor